Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Healthy Cow...

This posting should have come a few years ago ,may be in 2001-02.
It's a story about me,my health,our religious beliefs and a cow.

Back then i used to be the thinnest person possible on this planet.

I used to ask god ,why me ??why only me?? There were people plump and fresh around me and i used to ask GOD for mercy.
I mean ,just 40-42 kg in 12th standard was something that was lighter then the girls of my class.
The feeling of being the shortest and the lightest guy of our class was something that used to send shivers down my spine.
You imagine for yourself ,i had a crush on a girl 10-15 kgs heavier and 5-6 inches taller .I know if we leave emotions aside ,
i had literally nothing to impress her..and emotions were something that i never came out with.(and i thank god for that)
by god ...If i would have come out with all my emotions at that time i would have certainly made a fool(a big one) out of myself.

But its not the crush that i am here to write about ,its my PHYSIQUE that i want to blog about.

OK so i was tense about my health,my mother was worried and everyone who cared about me was in some way tense that why don't i put on weight.
I myself felt that its something destined for me and i have to live with it.i could see no hope,i ate like anything,i exercised ,i took health drinks .....
but no..nothing....zero improvement :(.

Then..one day a ray of hope came

There was this renowned pundit ji who could cure anything.
My mother took my Kundli** to him and dragged me along with her to meet this man,i had a physical frailness but my ego was super strong.
I hated being talked about my health to strangers.But willingly or unwillingly...there i was sitting in that eerie room of this holy man.after looking at my kundli ...he said "roz subah 4 pinni khilao kaali gaye ko"(everyday take 4 buns and feed it to a black cow).OK great ....i felt rejuvenated..that's it. just this simple task and i 'll be light and short no more.

For the next three months...

Every morning my mother would put a tika on my forehead ,would give me a plate with four pinnis(buns).I would take that plate ,close my eyes before that black cow,pray to god(of course to the cow as well) and feed her those buns.When i started with this ,i was hopeful that mother cow will help me out ..but to my disgust in these three months i didn't gain a single kilogram,nor did my height budge off a cm.
I was where i was....and it was disheartening..I felt cheated ..pundit ji was a fake.

I did what he said with all my devotion but nothing happened....


It still continued for another week or so but now i was reluctant.I would feed her daily but i used to think ,its me who needs to increase the Diet not the cow......
then i realised it was the cow that was putting on the weight.She got stronger ,taller and smarter.I was still my sorry self.:(

by this time i had figured out that its total insanity to feed a cow if you want to put on weight.
Its simple common sense that if i want to put on weight -I'll eat
and if i want to lose weight - I'll not eat.Simple as that.

I cursed that pundit ji for the false regimen he put me into.


That day and i swear ....i have never looked back..i have made it a point ,not to listen to any of these holy man in future.i will go by my own logic and do what i feel is right.After that day i ate what was meant for me and also ate what was meant for that black cow. It took some time to show results.

but results did show....i put up 24 kgs and now i am a super cool looking young man :P (height nahi badi koi baat nahi).
and yes ...Cow is also doing fine , a bit weak but looks great....

**Kundli - Its a text document that somehow knows all about your future.

9 comments:

lony said...

kuch tips guruji...

Gaurav Vashist said...

eat whatever is meant for you and eat whatever is meant for the balck cow :P

lony said...

uske liye black cow kahan se dhundhu ??

Gaurav Vashist said...

are dost,jo black cow khati hai wo dhundna hai,black cow nahi :D

lony said...

woh pata karne ke liye ki woh kya khati hai, black cow dhundhna toh inevitable hai naa...

Gaurav Vashist said...

hmmm wo to hai...dhund le phir .mil jaye to vishal ko bhi bata diyo.Waise tum dono ka kuch hona nahi hai...suresh ne likh ke diya tha na tumhe kuch :D

Dr. Neeraj Sharma said...

i just hope you dont come out with a new post after sometime about "how to lose weight".

tuxdna said...

did you go back to the panditji after three months of hardwork?

ASIM INDUSTRIES said...

every pundit says differently my friend. when you were in school , a handsome guy, still you are and smarter also . just be like that what you are. everybody will get what they want but there time for everything...